It's only a phase

A blog for all those passions in your life - whether you stick with them or not.

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Relax ? Maybe next month.

woah sooo much going on at the moment. Annoyed that I missed last weeks Illustration Friday topic 'alone'. I think I was trying to be a bit ambitious and tried a full 3-sketch cartoon that I started on the plane back from San Francisco. It's all good practice I suppose! This weeks though I'm ready for, and it's going to be a belter!!

So our landlady has up and decided she is going to sell her house, which leaves us, well, without one. It's back to looking round nice places we can't afford and crappy places with brown patches on walls trying to find a compromise I guess. The only thing we can do is try to delay the inevitable by cooking fish and leaving socks around the place for viewers.

My band has announced a tour too which will be good practice for my live drumming, but leaves not a whole lot of time in my schedule. This means less time for my girlfriend and less time for my sketching so I forsee a frustrating few weeks ahead.
We have an exclusive press launch party for our big gig at Shepherds Bush at a club in London on Saturday too, though apparently there will be a load of hairy spiders in attendance too - I do not like spiders that have hair. Maybe after a load of cocktails or some virtual reality , or both preferably, I won't mind so much.

I really wanted to work on my technique for some drumming styles, and maybe even hire a pro teacher. These things might have to wait until I'm in a new house and off the tour now. At this time I'd give anything to be able to relax and spend all my time on my hobbies (and with my girlfriend too)!!

ps - Ironically enough the top search result in google for 'relax' is a rather frantic and bold cartoon sketch page. Try it!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home