It's only a phase

A blog for all those passions in your life - whether you stick with them or not.

Friday, March 18, 2005

Cartoons and characters

The gig went A LOT better last night thankfully, egos are back on track and optimism is flowing again! Hopefully the trend will continue for our weekend session! Enough of that though, I have a new passion to share...

I've recently developed an interest in all things cartoony - particularly character illustration art. You know those cartoons of people or animals that look slightly ridiculous, but somehow you know just what they're feeling and what they'd be like if you met them in a bar? Well thats what fascinates me at the mo!

I have a reasonably artistic family but I don't claim to be any good at this yet - but hopefully I'm improving with practice. Soon I'm going to try and upload some sketches I've been trying, and eventually want to try doing some drawing or animation in Flash. I'd love to be able to come up with great sketches like these:



This is (unfortunately) not one of mine, but by an artist whose great site and characters I discovered by accident while searching for some art resources, check him out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home