It's only a phase

A blog for all those passions in your life - whether you stick with them or not.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

This one's still going strong

So here it is my first blog! All seems to be in correct working order - I guess my main interest for starters is my drums - I first started playing at around age 14. This was mainly because my other friends were in a band, but they didn't have a drummer. I'd always been able to tap around in time and hold down a basic beat so I decided to take the plunge and see what I could do.

A while after just messing with the school kit, I somehow persuaded my parents to buy me my first shiny kit! A black NewSound kit, which I now realise is quite horrendous and cheap sounding - but to this day is still dutifily sat in my parent's house! I'm 24 now and I'm still playing, and still gigging more so than ever. Here's where I surprised my parent's I think.

I suppose here is a good time to shamelessly plug my band that I currently play in...check the link!! more about this soon though...

1 Comments:

  • Welcome to blogger! I know that feeling too - my parents almost expected me to give up after starting to learn piano - but i never did!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, March 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home