It's only a phase

A blog for all those passions in your life - whether you stick with them or not.

Monday, August 22, 2005

Happy Birthday to Me !

Yes, today is birthday which means I have reached a quarter of a century. Although today itself is just a normal day at work, yesterday my girlfriend surprised me to a champagne afternoon tea at The Savoy in London, a very swanky hotel. This consisted of lots and lots of bitesize food ranging from Scottish smoked salmon finger sandwiches to chocolate & gold-leaf slices accompanied by any tea you could imagine - all extremely rich & all extremely satisfying! It's a wonder all rich people aren't a bit tubby, or should that be the other way around?

It goes without saying I'm back on the kit-kats & value cheese sandwiches today.

I treated myself to a new hi-fi system last week under the guise of 'it's my birthday soon & I can afford this', so I'm currently rediscovering all my old CD's which now sound about 20 times better. Today was the turn of Replenish by Reef. If you haven't heard any of their early stuff I highly recommend checking out 'Choose to Live' off this album, fantastic stuff!

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home